Using a round table desk in my home office.
USING A DINING ROOM TABLE AS A DESK?
I should have typed into The Google….’ Do normal people use free round tables as desks?’
All kidding aside, I wanted to see the functionality of a table as a desk. It’s not about tradition here…at all. I’m all sorts of quirky.
Well, I ended up saying YES TO THE DESK…round table desk that is!
So let’s get a few things out of the way first~
- I painted a free piece of wood furniture that had some damage to it. If you are an anti-painter, now is your chance to duck out.
- I am using some affiliate links to share similar or exact items used. If you want to read more about our Disclosure Policy, you can read it here.
ORIGINAL DESK IDEA
My original design board had a great desk, but it wasn’t really where I thought I should spend money right now. When the free table came into play, I thought….. why not?
Here’s what I did to update and camouflage some of the imperfections…..
DESK PAINTING SUPPLIES
- Valspar Chalky Paint in Trousseau (If you can’t get to a local Lowe’s, here is an alternative.)
- Sanding Sponge
- Paint Brush (this type works well for nooks and crannies)
- Sponge Paint Brush
* Chalk paint goes a long way. I used about 1/8 of a can on this project.
Painting My Round Table Desk
- I lightly sanded the table with a sanding sponge.
- With a paintbrush, I applied thin coats of the chalk paint on the bottom section of the table.
- The top limewash was applied with a sponge brush (3 coats total). Follow instructions on the container.
Because I am still contemplating if I want to use an antique glaze to the edges, I haven’t used a top coat yet, but probably will.
AND NOW I WANT TO LIMEWASH ALL THINGS!!!!!!!!!!
I put my “new to me” chair (you can read about that transformation here) and I think I’m in business….really!
Next up, shelves…..see you next week.
MORE DIY PROJECTS
- Unique Repurposed Hardware Address Sign
- Upcycled Lantern Stand With Patina
- Under $500 Thrifty Kitchen Makeover
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed this round table desk, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.