Yes, there are times when you have leftover french fries. Here are some ideas to use them up.
I speak French…fries.
So who doesn’t love a good burger and fries?
Around here our whole family enjoys going out for an occasional juicy burger and some tasty fries to go with it.
We don’t always have leftovers, but there are occasions when the servings are enormous.
Now, what do you do with the leftovers?
YES, we are THOSE people….people who take home leftovers!
We figure we paid for it and all, why throw it out?
No matter if you have leftovers at home or from a restaurant, leftover fries can be tricky. They are never quite as good the second go-around so what do you do?
CAN YOU REHEAT THEM?
Yes, you can. The two most popular methods seem to be reheating them in a skillet in a little oil or heating them under the broiler. If you choose the broiler, be sure to watch them carefully and stir them around.
Of course, some fries reheat better than others.
Thinner fries tend to dry out quicker.
Here are 7 ideas for you to use up leftover French fries:
Basically, in almost any place you would add a potato to a dish you can add fries.
- Casseroles – No brainer, right? Just remember that is a recipe calls for uncooked potatoes, and you are adding already cooked ones, you will need to adjust the bake time. This is a great time to use leftover ham as well.
- Poutine (aka Canadian Smothered Fries) – Because the fries are smothered, you can reheat the fries and no one is the wiser.😉
- Frittata – I mean frittata is so great for using up just about any meat and veggie leftovers!!! Try this recipe.
- Coating – You can process french fries like you would bread crumbs. Grind them up in a food processor and use it for breading like chicken cutlets or bake it and use it for a topping on vegetables.
- Breakfast Hash – Another recipe great at using leftovers. Pick some meat, Cook up some onions and add chopped fries to the pan and crisp them up. Add a fried egg on top.
- Meat Hand Pies –Often meat hand pies use potato in them. This is a great time to substitute those leftover fries. Check out this recipe: Beef and Potato Hand Pies
- Breakfast Burritos – The California breakfast burrito has fries in them. Adding some warmed up fries will give you that potato yumminess inside your burrito.
MORE LEFTOVER IDEAS
We truly love using up leftovers. It’s a chance to get creative and what have you got to lose?
Here are a few more recipes we think you will enjoy:
- What to Do with Leftover Cupcakes Dessert Parfait Recipe
- Revive old pretzels with this party favorite – Spicy Party Pretzels
- Leftover Rice Burrito Bowl
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.