Practical uses for old magazines.
Expand the definition fo ‘reading’ to include non-fiction, humor, graphic novels, magaines, action adventure, and, yes, even websites. It’s the pleasure of reading that counts; the focus will naturally broaden. – Jon Scieszka
Now, I wouldn’t know anything about stacks of old magazines …cough..cough..#magazinehoarder!!!
BUT, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH MAGAZINES AFTER YOU ARE FINISHED WITH THEM?
Here are 7 Practical Uses for Old Magazines
- DONATE – Many places using them for crafts as well as reading materials try nursing homes, preschools, hospitals, mom’s groups, Boys and Girls Club, libraries, shelters, art teachers, scouts, thrift stores, etc. Contact an establishment near you to see if they take donations.
- SHARE WITH A FRIEND/NEIGHBOR –Of course, sharing a subscription in the first place is an economical decision, but if you haven’t done that it’s not too late to share. Find a friend who wants your magazines when you are done. It might just make their day as not everyone can afford the subscription. Or, what about a communal laundry area?
- SELL – You can sell them at a yard sale, on Facebook Marketplace, and some used book stores buy or give you store credit for your recent magazines.
- CRAFTS – There are a ton of crafts using magazines. such as decoupage, beads, bows, storyboards, gift wrap, flowers, confetti, etc. We have included several on our “Reuse” Board on Pinterest.
- HOME DECOR – The pictures in magazines are ahhhmazing, right? Then use them in your home décor. Frame them as we did in this in a holiday decoration here.
- FILLER – Instead of packing peanuts, you can use old magazine pages as filler. Just crumble up pages and stuff as needed. Better yet, shred them into long strips. BONUS – You can also use it as a filler in your boots to keep their shape.
- THROW A PARTY – Does anyone need an excuse to throw a party? Here you go…invite your friends over and have a magazine swap!
What is your favorite use for old magazines?
*Of course, you can always subscribe to an electronic version to avoid the paper part if you choose.
MORE REUSE IDEAS
Here are a few more ideas to reuse what you have:
- 13 Creative Ways to Reuse Dryer Lint
- 7 Uses for Overripe Oranges
- Creative Ways to Reuse Grocery Bags -Paper or Plastic
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home and life. If you enjoyed learning about 7 ways to reuse old magazines, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.