4th of July Tissue Paper Sparklers
May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right. – Peter Marshall
Clearly, I am the person tackling someone at a party that is just about to toss out the tissue paper. Yes, I am the one with a basket of tissue paper ready for crafts. And true, I love sharing these tissue paper craft with you, as you may have noticed.
A little while ago, I shared some Tissue Paper Cake Toppers and decided they also looked a lot like little sparklers. How fun would it be for a little one to hold instead of a dangerous one? Or, you can use them as a decoration.
Are you ready to get started?
*We use affiliate links that will share the same, or similar, products used. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
NOTE- I tried several different ways to make these and the one below was the best.
- Take tissue paper and smooth out, if needed.
- Fold tissue into thirds similar to the way it is packaged.
- Cut open one edge side of the tissue.
- Now, cut the strips all the way down. Careful not to cut too close to the top. You can measure your cuts if you like. I guesstimated cause we know I am not a perfectionist as you have read here.
- Along the non-cut side, run your glue stick all the way down.
- Take your chopstick, or whatever you are using, and begin to roll the non-cut side of the tissue paper to the top of the stick. I found that the paper can start to go a little wonky in the middle so I picked up the paper and started rolling the tissue and stick so I could keep it in the same spot.
- Once the paper is rolled around the chopstick, you can trim it up as you like.
TIP: Try and keep your fingers as glue free as possible. If they are not, they will stick to the paper and tear it. I don’t know how I know this, but I do. 🙄😂
If a little one will be using this, you will want to glue it down really well so that it won’t unravel when they shake it, cause they will.
MORE TISSUE PROJECTS
As we mentioned, we have been going tissue paper crazy. Here are a few more posts we think you will enjoy:
Finally, if you enjoyed these 4th of July Tissue Paper Sparklers, we would love a share: