Today is our 20th Wedding Anniversary!!!
Anyone else sing the Flinstones Anniversary song every time they hear about an Anniversary?…..
After 20 years of marriage, we could go on about all the tips and tricks we have used to stay married.
20 years of marriage is good, right?
Well, have you ever heard the old saying “The more you know, the less you know.”?
We don’t really have a step by step guide for you……sorry.
(But we would recommend The Dating Divas for wonderful ideas, tips, and guides.)
Here’s what we do know…
It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.
The biggest blessing in our marriage has been that we are coming from the same place in our faith.
- Our faith brings us through what we think we can’t get past (I Peter 4:8)
- Our faith helps us love when we feel we can’t love anymore (1 Cor 13:5)
- Our faith is shared and binds us together (Ecc 4:12)
- Our faith provides a road map (Jer 29:11)
- Our faith challenges us to do better (I Cor 13:4, Heb 10:24)
- Our faith helps us forgive (Eph 4:32)
- Our faith provides encouragement (Hebrews 3:13)
- Our faith helps keep egos in check (Eph 4:2-3)
- Our faith gives us an example of true love (I John 3:16)
- Our faith doesn’t promise fairytales (I Cor 7:27-28) but provides hope (Psalm 31:24)
- Our faith warns us of harsh words (Prov 12:18)
Of course, there are lots of marriages that have gotten this far without a shared faith. We don’t mean any disrespect, we just think our faith has been a HUGE factor is where we are at.
New Living Translation
As the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD.”
So today we boast in the Lord and what he has given us.