20 Ways to Build Your Own Mantel
It is true that there is nothing like a blaze in the hearth to soothe the nerves and restore order to a house. – Donald Antrim
Is there anything better than a fireplace on a cool night? Snuggling with a cozy blanket, a good book, and a kitty cat is my idea of fun!
No matter if you have a fireplace or not, you can build your own mantel for an existing fireplace or create a faux fireplace. Most of the posts below have full instructions on how to create the mantel of your dreams. There is even one that is made from an old headboard. Now that’s salvaging!!!
Are you ready to be inspired? I know I am.
IDEAS AND PLANS TO BUILD YOUR OWN MANTEL
- DIY Rustic Fireplace Mantel from lovelyetc.com
- DIY Faux Farmhouse Style Fireplace And Mantel from twelveonmain.com
- Our Rustic DIY Mantel from loveandrenovations.com
- Build A Faux Mantel Shelf from homemadelovely.com
- DIY Mantel Tutorial from lovegrowswild.com
- Build A Chunky Mantel from thehandmadehome.net
- How To Build A Simple Mantel from maisondepax.com
- DIY Fireplace Mantel from thediymommy.com
- Build A Mantel Out Of An Old Barn Beam from divaofdiy.com
- DIY Fireplace Mantel Shelf from hertoolbelt.com
- DIY Mantel Hiding Cord For Flat Screen from julieblanner.com
- Realistic Fireplace Makeover from kandradventures.com
- DIY Fireplace Mantel from theshabbycreekcottage.com
- How To Make Your Own Wood Mantel from lovecreatecelebrate.com
- DIY Faux Fireplace Mantel With Tile And Faux Brick from diyinpdx.com
- Fireplace Mantel from loveandrenovations.com
- DIY Custom Fireplace Surround from thehoneycombhome.com
- DIY Faux Fireplace Mantel from homemadelovely.com
- Rustic Faux Fireplace Mantel from loveoffamilyandhome.net
- DIY Fireplace Mantel from thewhitecottagefarm.com
MORE HEARTH TO HOME
Our home has a half brick fireplace that we did a little whitewashing here. We painted the paneling but still, it’s just not quite right so we will be considering which one of these build your own mantel plans to follow. Or maybe we will be creating our own. Who knows? There are still so many projects in this fixer-upper yet to do.
How about you? Which one would you like to tackle?
Speaking of our home. If you have missed some of our projects, here are a few home makeovers we’ve done:
- Salvaged Kitchen Remodel
- Increase Curb Appeal with Landscape Lighting
- Low-Cost Rustic Bathroom Makeover
Thanks for joining us today! If you enjoyed this post, we would love it if you shared it.