When you have a little leftover…here are 20 uses for hotel toiletries.
Are the hotel samples free to take or only there for your use while at the hotel?
We had heard both sides and are ready to rule our verdict (opinion).
The ones in your room are for you! They are included in the hotel stay, even if it does say “complimentary”.
If you choose to use them while you are there, great. If you take them with you, that’s for you to decide.
No matter where you get them from, here are some ways to use them up. And guess what? These ideas can be used to use up any remaining toiletries.
Table of Contents
20 USES FOR HOTEL TOILETRIES
- Use it as a gentle soap for your delicates
- A cleaner in general. Mix soap with water in a spray bottle and use it as a cleaner.
- Pretreat laundry or rug stains (make sure to test on the fabric first)
- Hand Soap for camping or just out and about. You could keep it in your car (upright) for those emergency times. Like when the rest area soap is out you can use that and some bottled water.
- Use it as a body wash
- Makeup brush cleaner (we did a post on the how-to, click on the link to take you to that post)
- Use a little conditioner and shampoo for shaving cream (test on a small spot of skin to ensure you don’t break out).
- Makeup remover
- Squeaky door fixer
- After shower moisturizer
- A little conditioner and some water in a spray bottle is great to de-frizz crazy hair
- Use it as a lotion! Well, it may not be your favorite kind but it sure is a handy size for your purse, desk, car, etc.
- Again, shaving cream
- Polish Shoes (please test first)
- If you don’t like it for your hands, try your feet before you go to bed.
- Keep it in a basket for a guest when they come for a visit
- Cover the bottom of your shoes when you are packing so they don’t get your clothes dirty…….good huh?
- Over at Hotel Chatter, they gave this recommendation…..a cover for the remote control in the hotel. It’s one of the dirtiest items in the hotel. Let’s not get into that! ugh!
- Use when applying makeup to keep hair out of your face.
- Cover for those leftovers
Of course, since most of these samples are perfect for air travel size, they are good to have on hand anyway.
And in case you have used up part of your supplies at the hotel, but didn’t use it all up, here is what happens to the leftovers at some hotels. We know some hotels are completely removing them altogether or having wall -mounted shampoo/conditioner dispensers.
Do you use the samples from the hotel? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
MORE SALVAGE IDEAS
Here are a few more ways to make the most with what you got…
Thanks for stopping by today. Our goal is to help make the most with whatever you have by sharing budget-friendly, time-saving, and reusing/DIY ideas for all parts of your home. If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate a share on any social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Plus, don’t forget to follow us as we share even more ideas on each account.