Turn a boring piece of furniture into something new, with these 20 amazing DIY stenciled furniture projects. Easy to do with just a little paint and a stencil.
Table of Contents
STENCILED FURNITURE PROJECTS
One day I hope t be wealthy enough to not do a double-take every time I see abandoned furniture on the side of the road. – Author Unknown
Truth be told, I think I will always do a double-take. My salvage blood runs strong!!!!!
But in all seriousness, there are some diamonds in the rough out there. We think you will be inspired by these stenciled projects to turn any blah piece of furniture into something beautiful.
*We use affiliate links and could earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are feeling inspired, we have gathered a few stencils we think you will LOVE:
- HOME SWEET HOME – Farmhouse round reusable stencil.
- FARMHOUSE script
- MOROCCAN pattern
- MANDALA– Set of 6 stencils
- ASHA BONE INLAY
- FRENCH BEE
Along with paint and a stencil, you will/could need:
- A stenciled paintbrush
- If the stencil doesn’t have adhesive, you can use painter’s tape or spray adhesive (like this one that is repositionable).
- Paint Tray
- Ruler or Tape Measure, if you need to align the stencil design.
- Be sure to prep your surface ahead of painting. More often than not, you will need to sand beforehand.
- A tack cloth is handy at removing anything on the piece prior to stenciling.
- To reduce chances of bleed-through, slow and steady wins the race. You will apply paint in small amounts. Plus, spray adhesive helps the stencil stay in place.
- Apply paint to the edges and work inward.
- Wait a few minutes before lifting your stencil.
- If you missed a spot, touch it up with a tiny brush and some paint.
- Clen off your stencil correctly before storing.