Meal preparing is not for the faint of heart. Even if you LOVE cooking, there is a lot of it to do. Can we get an AMEN?
We wanted to share some of our kitchen hacks to help you make quick work of your time, make tasty meals, and have less waste in the kitchen!
10 Kitchen Hacks
1) Forgot to take our your orange juice concentrate from the freezer? Take off the top lid and microwave for one minute.
2) Making cookies and need to leave the butter out to soften? Take the wrapper off first and place it in your mixing bowl to defrost. You will loose less better that way!
3) Need to cut a lot of baby tomatoes? Place the baby tomatoes on a flat surface. With your palm flat on the top of the tomatoes, take your knife and cut the tomatoes in half. (**Please handle knives carefully. Use this tip at your own risk.)
4) Pomegranates can be tough to get the arils (fruit) out or your hands may get very stained in the process. Here is a better way: Take a large bowl of water. Cut the pomegranate in half. Place halves in the water and break them apart. The arils will go to the bottom and the membrane (white part) will float to the top. Drain the water and enjoy!
5) Celery stringy? Take your vegetable peeler and take off the top layer.
6) Love cucumber but it makes your salad watery? Remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Take a spoon and run it down the center to remove all the seeds. Now you can cut it and add it to your salad.
7) Sour cream goes moldy too fast? After each use, take a spoon and completely smooth it out. No more green sour cream.
8) Flour spilled on the counter? Take a dry cloth or paper towel first to get the majority of it up. Now you can get a damp paper cloth/sponge/paper towel to get the rest. If you use water at first, the flour and water become a paste and it’s much harder to clean up.
9) Did you splurge on fresh vanilla beans for a recipe? After you have scraped out the seeds, use the pod in your sugar. It will add a slight vanilla flavor to it. (Shake the sugar every so often.)
10) Do you have a pasta night on your meal planning rotation? Make sure you have plenty of water for the pasta to dance around in and salt the water liberally. It needs to be seasoned too.
**Amazon affiliates used.