You could say we are a pizza family.
WE LOVE IT!
I mean come on, Salvage Sister grew up in Chicago for goodness sake. Pizza is in the blood.
Ever since we’ve been married, 19 years, we have had pizza/movie night on Friday night.
We all look forward to it as a celebration into the weekend. At times it is a bit of a splurge for us, but it’s the one meal I don’t have to cook (which is a nice break even when you love something).
But the tradition is struggling a bit here in Oregon……
Why is that you ask?
Well, the pizza here leaves a lot to be desired. There is like one good place but it’s it’s a lot more expensive.
We would always get a large cheese for $13.54 (yes, we know the price by heart) in Phoenix. In Oregon we are looking at any where between $18.00 and $26.00 for just cheese???? YIKES!
So we have taken to making our own. You can see our two different methods HERE.
But we still will try and find our special pizza place for the time we don’t want to make our own.
For those of you who have decent pizza, please hug your pizza before you consume it. Well, maybe just hug your pizza makers.
And if you happen to have some leftover pizza, here are some tips to use it up –
1) Send it to us!!!!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! ……Okay, so that’s not really an idea now is it? How about this? >>> Take your warmed up pizza and cut it up into squares for pizza croutons? Now take a green salad, tomatoes, peperoni, peppers, etc and have yourself a pizza salad.
2) Try these tips from Serious Eats to reheat your slices to eat as is.
3) Over at Food.com there is a recipe for a Leftover Frittata (Using leftover Pizza)
4) At All Recipes there is a recipe for Leftover Pizza Casserole that has a good rating.
5) Finally, eat it late at night by the light of the fridge, cold.
Which is your favorite way to use/eat leftover pizza?
Please share your tips or recipes here by leaving a comment.
And if you happen to go to Ray’s Pizza (35th Ave/Union Hills) in Phoenix, tell them “Large Cheese People” from Friday night say “Hi”, they will know who we are! REALLY!