Soft Music Playing….
A cup of tea…..
Let’s get ready to have a spa night at home!
With what you ask?
Items you already have on hand, or normally discarded items, of course.
Whether you are doing a spa night by yourself, or with some friends, it doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
You can do it all with items you have around the house~
- Have an old rolling pin you use for décor or you don’t use anymore? Use it to massage feet and arches or for the back. A pool noodle, or water bottle, would also serve the same purpose.
- Pure honey is a great beauty tool. Here are 11 uses.
- Sock who lost it’s match? Fill it with beans or rice and tie it off. Now heat it in the microwave. Add some dried lavender, or rub some essential oils in the beans or rice, if you have it.
- Olive oil can be rubbed on cuticles.
- Leftover coffee grinds? Make a scrub with this recipe.
- A toothbrush to exfoliate.
- Apple cider vinegar as a toner.
- Coconut oil can be used as a massage oil, conditioner, makeup remover, etc.
- Oatmeal in a bath or here are some other ways to use oatmeal for beauty products.
- Add clean organic apple skins or orange/cucumber peel to your water. Or cut up lemon or lemon slices if that is what you have on hand.
- Stones in your yard? Try HOT STONE MASSAGE
- Avocado TOO ripe to eat? How about a hair mask or face mask? Old towels are great to use for a spa night at home.
- Washcloths are great steamed, bath towels are good for a place to lay on or rolled up to rest your head. Old hand towels are perfect for all the beauty treatments.
- Banana peel as a moisturizer AND MORE!
- Facial steaming is just some hot water in a bowl where you drape a towel over your head. You can add rose petals, tea bags, or some herbs like rosemary to the water. Steam face for aprox 5 min.
- This is a great spa day treat – Yogurt Parfait
- Take any old tub, pot, or container and do a foot soak. Make sure the container is clean and fill with hot water. Add rose petals and soak those toes.
- Stretching and deep breathing is something everyone can do.
- Set some old (clean) spoons in the freezer. Apply to eye lid to reduce puffy eyes.
- Want to make a GREAT cup of tea? Here are some tips.
- If this is a party, you can set out hotel samples of lotion for friends to use.
- If your girlfriends are over, take those old magazines, and set them out for everyone to read and take.
- Tea bags to use under your eyes to tighten skin.
- You used ginger for a recipe, but have more than you need? You can freeze it for another time, or you can use it in these ginger beauty recipes.
- We use citrus peels to make this TREAT, but did you know you can dry orange peel and grind it up for a orange bath powder?
Now are you ready for a relaxing spa night at home?
The next time you have fruit discards, don’t forget to see how you can incorporate them into your beauty routine.
If you have a great spa at home time, please be sure to leave it in the comments below.