- $100 Room Challenge – Bathroom Makeover
- $100 Room Challenge – Updated Bathroom Light Fixture
- $100 Room Challenge – Rustic Bathroom Cabinets
- Truth in Makeovering – Low Cost Rustic Bathroom Makeover
- Budget Home Office Reveal – One Room Challenge 2017
I think I need a nap!
As I have stated before, these One Room Challenges are NOT for the faint of heart!
You can catch up on previous weeks posts here:
This last week has been final touches on this budget home office project!
I kind of felt like Joanna on that final night when she is pulling the house all together…only without the warehouse full of stuff and cute little girl helpers….oh, and with very little money. Otherwise, just like that.
BTW – For people who think that Pinterest is unattainable, you have come to the right place. The entire point of this site is to make the best with whatever you have. You won’t see perfection here.
Since this is a budget makeover, here’s the cost breakdown:
- Chair – $3 (fabric and paint – already had)
- Table – FREE
- Paint/Limewash for Table – FREE (blogger promotion)
- Map – $25
- Book Shelves – $60 (stain and wood/crates)
- Pillow $4 (Ross – part of a set 2 for $8)
- Laundry Cart – (Recently purchased for another situation but couldn’t let it go.) $50
- Service Sign – FREE (scrap wood and used my own cheap craft paint)
- Old Bottles – $8 for all
- Curtain and Rod – $30
TOTAL – Right at around $180- $200 for a complete room change!
Creating a home office on a budget!Click To Tweet
*Added just a little extra just in case I forgot anything.
Everything else in the room were items I already owned. I love to keep some thrifted supplies on hand and switch things out. #shopyourhome
Now the cart was unnecessary, but really! Actually, the cart was originally going to be a filing cabinet only it was too tall for the table. I just had to use it somewhere. And a storage of the quilts near the chair, is just perfect place to cozy up and read a book.
(This area is a struggle to get a decent photo as there is a skylight right above this white chair!)
Now I no longer am trying to run a blog business from a living room chair with all my stuff hear and there. WOW, what a difference. The old room was cozy, but this is much more practical and efficient.
And this room has come a long way baby….
- The BEFORE shot.
- First bargain makeover.
- The latest budget home office project.
If you liked this room reveal, you will want to check out this $100 bathroom project.
Thanks for stopping by. If you want more SALVAGE tips and tricks, be sure to sign up for our newsletter.