Have you done the big purge?
The concept is simple…. during the Lenten season donate a bag a day of unused items.
We are all for donating stuff to the thrift store!!! We love good thrift store finds and seeing items donated to help others…..a big WOOT ….WOOT for that!
Copyright: https://www.123rf.com/highwaystarz / 123RF Stock Photo
Now there are 700 gazillion posts, we counted, on how and what to purge, but what do you do AFTER the purge?
SIDE NOTE -Even if you didn’t participate in the challenge, this post is still relevant to anyone who spends an afternoon cleaning out their home of unwanted items.
A TIME TO REFLECT
We all have those purchases that bite us in the rear end~
- A sweater that looked better in the store than at home.
- Items purchased to sell for profit but it’s not selling.
- A kitchen gadget that ….turns out doesn’t save any time in the kitchen whatsoever.
- Or what about those shoes that were 75% off but couldn’t wear for more than 30 minutes without pure agony?
Not everything we donate is a mistake or should have never been purchased, but there are a lot of purchases/habits that we maybe we could learn from.
Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes.
Confucius (551 BC – 479 BC)
Cause let’s face it, many people feel ~
- Overwhelmed by all their belongings
- Are in financial debt
- Don’t feel like they have the freedom to do things they want
Let’s SALVAGE this situation since we just spent a lot of time going through all of that stuff that we purchased with money we worked hard for, right?
After the purge, here’s what we can do going forward-
- When purchasing an item, do the research. We advocate purposeful spending. Yes, you are going to buy things so do it wisely.
- Ask, how many hours did I work for this item?
- Reuse as many items as possible. Can those old shirts be used as cleaning cloths? Our site, Facebook page, Pinterest, and other social media accounts, are filled with ideas on how to reuse items.
This is just a start~
- If you would like to spend less time working for items you are just going to donate
- If you feel lots of regret for items you purchase
- Your home feels overwhelming
- If you want more time for doing things you want and less time purging
- You want to reduce your spending and/or reduce debt
We invite you to continue on this journey:
What to do after a big purge? How to eliminate unnecessary junk in your home. A simple 30 day guide. Click To Tweet
After the 40 Day Purge Challenge
For the next month will you join us?
AFTER THE 40 BAGS IN 40 DAY CHALLENGE : A 30 DAY GUIDE
It’s a short daily prompt to explore new ways to think about purchases and items for your home. You can receive this guide by signing up for our weekly email.
Create your best life using what you have! Sign up for weekly emails with ideas to salvage your time, money, resources, and moments for your best life. Plus, there is a FREE Printable only for subscribers.
We hope you will take the challenge to move toward your goals, less debt, and/or spend time managing less items in your life…
CREATING YOUR BEST LIFE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE