What’s for breakfast at your house?
CEREAL? OATMEAL? EGGS?
We actually have a schedule here and it has worked for us for years!
Don’t get us wrong, we have made adjustments along the way like the death of the yogurt parfait. (Worked when they were younger, but not filling as they grew older.)
A schedule is just a great way to streamline the morning. It takes the guessing out and when school is in session……………. ain’t no one got time for second guessing. Can we get an AMEN?
So here’s what it looks like here:
T- Eggs (burrito, sandwich, fried, scrambled, whatever we have time for)
W- Treat Cereal (First bowl..any after that must be “good” cereal)
Th- Oatmeal or Granola Roll-Ups (Recipe below)
S- Whatever happens based on plans
Sun – Family Breakfast/Brunch (full on waffles, bacon, etc)
*Cereal must meet “Mom” standards – Dietary Fiber 5g or higher, Protein 5 g or higher, Less than 10g of sugar examples Wheat Chex, GrapeNuts, Kashi, Mini-Wheats are just a few.
These are just a guideline for us, but it does also make shopping easier. ALL ABOUT MAKING IT EASY!
So here is the “recipe” for………
This is a quick breakfast and can be adapted to personal preferences.
Here’s what you need -
- Tortilla (whole wheat, regular, or whatever you use)
- Peanut Butter (natural, creamy, chunky, almond)
- Apples (or banana works really well too)
- Granola (have also used Kashi too)
- Honey, if desired
- Nuts and raisins are also nice additions
1) Take tortilla and spread your peanut butter of choice all over in a thin layer
2) Chop up apples in small dice and add to center of burrito
3) Add granola. If in big chucks, try to break it up a bit so the roll-up will…..roll.
4) Add honey if desired. *We mostly do this when it’s a non-sweetened peanut butter or if the apple is on the tart side.
5) Roll up burrito style and cut in two.
Any favorite breakfast meals your family enjoys?