One year ago this month, we were……….
- In Arizona
- The Mister was flying to Oregon to interview for a job
- Praying about a potential move
- Packing up a home we lived in for 12 years in 2 weeks
- Saying goodbye to friends we had over the 15 years in Arizona.
- Finishing current employment
- Future Engineer’s 17 Birthday
- Our 19th Wedding Anniversary
- Making arrangements to sell our home and the updates it needed
- AND for some crazy reason it seemed like a great time to hit “Publish“!!!
Yep, why not start a blog????
To be honest, we had been working on starting this blog since January 2013.
(BTW- When someone says start a blog in 10 minutes…..question it or be prepared to pay. That is unless you know a LOT about code or just want a free site.)
But when it actually came down to it, we didn’t get our first post up until September.
And to call it a post is being generous, but as you can see……..
…….we were a little busy!!!!
Sometimes on a journey you think upon where you want to be………..and that’s important. Setting and achieving goals is how to move forward. But today we are focusing on how far we have come.
-Last year we weren’t on Instagram, and today we have over 800 followers!
-This time last year, Twitter was just a name and now we have almost 1000 following us.
Today as we reflect on our one year blogiversary we have learned ….
- Photography and image size has improved over the year
- We now have a menu at the top to search a topic easily
- Received our first check
- We have learned some code
- Readership is increasing
- Install widgets
Overall we have just learned so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
(And that’s just on the blog. In our day-to-day life we have started new jobs, lived in temporary housing, started new schools,, sold a home, purchased a home, and on and on it goes.)
But the biggest lesson from blogging is the incredible people that we have meet…….What a blessing this online community is….you all are!!!!!!!
Thanks for coming along for the journey!!
We can’t wait to see what this year holds.
When you are on one of life’s journeys, do you remember to reflect on just how far you’ve come?