One of the things we loved about our home is the location. You’ve heard it…
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
It was dated, but that’s why we were able to afford it in the first place. We knew that we would have some work to do.
So far we have done a hallway project, as you can see HERE. Since the hallway flooring connects with the dinning room, we headed there next.
- Wagon chandelier was changed to a Craigslist find
- Dining room set from Goodwill $79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It even has a leaf-not pictured.)
- The cabinet was a Kmart find many years ago. We just changed the hardware.
- The cake stands were Goodwill/Thrift Store finds
- The mirror was from a friend who no longer wanted it
- The crock was an Estate Sale score!
Even though we did purchase some flooring (from the wholesaler) and the molding, we found everything else either used or we already had it.
We also -
- Painted the window trim instead of new trim.
- Didn’t paint all the walls (We kept the one tan wall as is for some contrast and save $.)
We will continue to make some additional changes, including window treatments, additional trim to the window, and minor décor, but the major transformations are done.
Our kitchen is currently being worked on, including a PANTRY!
If you want to stay up on our progress, plus other Salvage Sister & Mister posts, you can enter your email address in the get updates. You will ONLY receive an email when we post. Nothing else!